I took this from the note I published on http://www.facebook.com/PhysiquesOnline
I was planning on writing a big piece on the past 12 months in business and training but I think there might be too much ha so here it is condensed
- I was unemployed in January 2012, thinking of moving abroad with my qualification due to having no luck in Dublin.
- Got a break and started to get offers. Went through three different gyms in the space of 2 months, not lasting more than two weeks in any one place… I was always looking for a better position.
- Finally settled in March 2012 as a PT in a big chain gym.
- Set up my online business around August this year. Had played around with online stuff before but nothing to the success of Physiques Online.
- Spent a shit load of time and sleepless nights trying to come up with the best program/package to run. Putting together the best plan you can for a 28 day program might seem easy but not when you want everything to be perfect, I’ve come to realise sometimes you have to just roll with it and trust in yourself as an honest trainer.
- Have ran two 28 day plans in 2012. Learned a LOT from both. Improvements have been made and we’ll be kicking off again on Monday 14th of Jan. Looking at parts of the program as I’m writing this, I’m like a kid at Christmas bundled with excitement, like he can’t wait to open presents- I can’t wait to see the end results,, people looking better than they thought they could, healthier and a hell of a lot happier
That’s what’s happened in a nutshell..and briefly what I’ve learned…
- I LOVE running my own shit. Having my own clients to do my programs, test new programs out and see the results. I love all that, seeing improvements unfold is deadly.
- I’m always in a rush to do everything, some people come to me wanting results yesterday and in business that’s the way I am but we have to be patient. I expect people to adhere to a program and always telling them to be consitent with the plan, now I know I must take this advice too and stick to an idea/business plan that I might not see a return for a few months down the line.
- Time management is a bitch! And has lost me clients this year. I’m not about to live like a monk, however I do have a better plan for 2013 with scheduled time for certain aspects in the business.
- I don’t stress over little things. We all know bills are a pain, making up the rent, paying off the car. We all have them, either big or small. We do what we can and that is all your expected to do. F**k it if you fall short some weeks, I have, I’m still smiling ) ..My better half says if I was more laid back I’d be horizontal lol but I think when a situation arsises, a million thoughts are going through my head on how it can be solved and I know very quickly what has to be done. After that what’s the point in stressing
I think this is a longer note than expected. Overall, I’m happy with 2012, met a lot of great people in the gym, both working with and clients. Training went well but 2013 is going to be beastmode. I’m going to be tracking my progress too so people can see what I’m doing and maybe put some of my methods to use.
Really looking forward to this year. I KNOW it’s going to be a success and I hope yours will too. If I can help in anyway with that success then you know where to find me!